Tips To Take Advantage Of Web 2.0 Blog Traffic
Let’s take a look how to get highly targeted and responsive traffic using Web 2.0. Or more specifically, how you can possibly turn your prospective customers as raging fans even before they ever get into your real site — by having a Web 2.0 blog.
Right now, I think all business – especially an online business — needs a blog as part of its traffic building strategy — regardless if it has a website or not. Your blog must be of high quality in terms of appeal and content so that you can attract your fans to your website and generate traffic flood.
The most vital component of the Web 2.0 blog is content. No quality content? Then you might as well forget about traffic. And no traffic means no revenue whatsoever. Therefore, it is a must that you develop keyword rich quality content to attract people to your site or blog.
People may have a blog as their sole site. To create a blog that will hopefully see a stampede of traffic, here are some basic things you need to do:
1. Post great and useful content. When your blog is just offering garbage and useless information to its readers, then you might as well scrap things altogether.
2. Professional look. The blog must be attractively structured to make it appealing to its audience. Pick the appropriate WordPress theme that matches the subject of the blog. For example, if your blog is about health, get a health-related theme. If it is about dating, have a dating theme. Then make sure that the layout is simple to read and steer.
3. Get your blog well organized for your users. This includes right tags, correct categories, and good archives.
4. The blog must load fast. If it does not, then talk to your host on the matter.
5. Your blog must be uncomplicated for reading — with a good headline, graphic and a functioning click through a button for a visitor to read more.
6. Provide supplementary useful information to the readers. For instance, you know of other sites which provide free services related to the subject matter, suggest it to the readers by putting the links within or below your post.
7. Blogs are supposedly friendly places to share information – therefore avoid brazen sales pitch on your posts.
8. Your blog posts must be concise and direct to the point. The language may be informal and relaxed but must be grammatically correct at all time. So don’t forget to spell check the article before posting it. Don’t get away from the topic you are writing about. Be informative and precise. And just use simple everyday terms.
9. Make it a point to have updates regularly. Always archive your previous posts. This could help up your exposure as well as in search engine ranking.
10. Set up the RSS feed to help drive extra traffic to your site and create your following.
11. As a good suggestion, the post should end with a question – so as to entice readers to express their views or opinions as comments.
Major search engines frequently spider blogs. Certainly, search engines love blogs and index them fast. You must take advantage of RSS syndication. RSS is a big help in letting your readers be aware each time you add new posts. This helps with highly targeted traffic you need. You may also add the necessary widgets to make your blog even more functional and moving.
Web 2.0 is a vast subject and there is much room that you can move on to drive traffic to your site. Definitely, Web 2.0 is here to stay!