Choosing the niche you want to develop is really critical in your search for profits online. In fact, a lot of experts are considering niche hunting as one of the most important and rewarding aspects of any online business. No words can emphasize more of the importance of choosing the niche you want to get in. So what are the benefits of having a good niche?
1. A good niche will help you receive the highest payouts faster. If the niche is desperate or ‘need based’ (desperate and ‘need based’ are two different things), you can expect solid conversions and high payouts. Both of these mean higher income for you!
2. A good niche will allow you to rule with minimal effort on your part. Proper niche research begets proper keyword research which in turn means you’ll be making the most money, in the shortest time, and slowly expanding until you’re dominating your
3. A good niche allows you to tap into a ready-made hungry market with plenty of vendors willing to offer you, in some cases, as much as 100% commission. This is nowhere as true as in the CPA market (CPA = Cost per action as opposed to CPC = cost per click).
I am presenting below at least 3 of the best niches to concentrate on.
1. The auto-industry including auto parts, accessories, cars themselves, or even car information verification services such as Carfax.com are ALL awesome opportunities. Begin small by targeting very specific keywords, such as ‘toyota 2006 matrix XLS steel exhaust’. If you go after enough of these keywords (and again, focus on more than just PPC – use SEO, Article marketing, Forum posting in auto-related forums, or niche websites). Though the commission rate on actual sales is very low – somewhere around 8-12%, you can actually make quite a bit since many parts cost well over $300, which equals a $30-$50 commission for you. Target the CPA networks in this niche, and you could make as much as $2 for every ZIP CODE (yes, just for the zip code) submitted from your site.
2. The health industry – again, a great industry to jump into that you can divide into multiple sub-niches such as ‘food supplements’, ‘fat loss’, ‘muscle gain’, treating specific conditions like cancer or diabetes and so on. Then you have the whole insurance CPA networks where if you play your cards right, you can make $50-$200 for every form submitted. And here’s a hint, look for high-ticket purchase items such as hyperbaric chambers, mobility scooters, and massage tools. They’re expensive, but there are people who need them, and if you do your research and guide them to the best options, you’ll typically find it rewarding financially as well.
3. The ‘Pets’ Industry – most people love their pets. You can set up a basic drop-shipping site with pet supplies and with some solid SEO/link building on it, you can have a VERY profitable website. In fact, an associate of mine once built a similar site and ended up with a $40,000/month website. Of course, not everyone will hit such a level, and I suggest you focus on VERY specific keywords again, such as ‘maltese eye brush’ or ‘eye brush for Maltese puppy’. Dog training manuals, accessories, potty training, puppy buying guide and such can also make for some very solid earning potential. And of course, let’s not forget the CPA opportunity with pet health insurance options either!
While these three are great niches, they are not the end all. There are thousands of others that you can discover, and there is literally no niche that doesn’t have a solid CPA offer on either. Combining a good niche with a good CPA network and proper promotion can do wonders for your finances.
Good luck on your niche hunting!