A product description is a short description of a product or service that is displayed on a website or in a mobile app. It’s the first thing a potential customer sees when they land on your website or mobile app, so it needs to be compelling, clear, and accurate.
This guide will show you how to write the effective product description that sells.
What is a product description?
A product description is a brief description of your product. It can be displayed on your product page, in your app, or in your website.
Why should you write the product description for your product?
Writing a compelling product description can be the difference between a sale and a missed opportunity. It will also help you improve the conversion rate of your website and app.
Why is it important to write a compelling, accurate, and clear product description
Writing the right product description will help you increase your conversion rate. Here are some of the reasons why:
– Accuracy: A product description should be as accurate as possible. Make sure that the information in your product description matches the information on your landing page. If it doesn’t match, you’ll lose potential customers.
– Relevance: Your product description must be relevant to your product and to your audience. For example, if your product is an app that helps people manage their finances, don’t write a description that says “This app helps you manage your finances.” Instead, write something like “With this app, you can track your spending, budget, and save money” or “You can use this app to keep track of your spending and manage your budget”.
How to write an effective, compelling, and complete product description
Step 1: Define your product
Before you start writing, make sure that you have a clear understanding of what your product does and who your target audience is. You can do this by asking yourself the following questions:
1. What does your product do?
2. Who is your product for?
3. What is the problem that your product solves?
You can also ask your friends, family, and colleagues to help you understand your product better. They will be able to give you feedback that you can use to make your product even better.
Once you have an idea of what you want your product to do and who it’s for, you’re ready to start writing your product descriptions.
Step 2: Identify your product’s features
Now that you know who your audience is, you need to figure out what features your product has. These features are the things that your customers will use to interact with your product on a daily basis.
– Feature 1: This is the first feature that your customer will use. It’s the most important feature, and it’s the one that you should spend the most time on.
– Features 2 and 3: These are the other two features that your audience will use, but they’re not as important as the first one. You should spend more time on these two features than you do on Feature 1.
You should only write about the features that are important to your customer. If your customers don’t care about a feature, you shouldn’t write about it. If they do care about it but you don’ think it’s important, then you should mention it in your feature list, but you should not write a separate product description about that feature. If a feature is important to you but it’s not important to them, then don’t include it in the feature list. Instead, talk to them and find out what they think about the feature. You might be surprised by what they have to say about it!
You can use the FreeCodeCamp Product Hunt Survey to get feedback from your customers about what features they want and don’t want. This is a great way to make sure you’re writing about the right things and that you’re not wasting your time writing about things that don’t matter to your users.
Step 3: Write your product description
You’re almost done! Now you just need to write the product description for your product. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Write a title for your description
2. Write the first sentence
3. Write your first paragraph
4. Write another paragraph
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you’re done
6. Add a link to your website
7. Add an image
8. Add another link
9. Add more images
10. Add your price
11. Add any other information you think is important
12. Add contact information
13. Add testimonials
14. Add links to your social media profiles
15. Add anything else you want to include
16. Publish your post
17. Wait for your post to show up on Product Hunt
18. Ask your friends and family to share your post on social media
19. Watch your post go viral
If you get stuck while writing your description, you can always check out the Product Hunt Product Description Writing Guide. It’s a great resource that will help you write a product description that will get a lot of attention.
Step 4: Publish Your Product
After you’ve written a great product description, the next step is to publish it on ProductHunt. You can do this by clicking on the “Publish” button on the top right corner of your Product Hunt post. This will take you to a page where you can edit your post and publish it. Once you’ve published your post, it will show up in the “Featured” section of Product Hunt. This means that your post will be seen by thousands of people who are looking for new products to buy.
If you don’t know how to publish a post, check out our How To Publish A Product On ProductHunt guide.
Now that you’ve learned how to create a Product Hunt product, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to promote it. In the next section, we’ll show you how to promote your product on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+.